Individual and Couples Therapist
South Calgary, Alberta
On Becoming a Therapist
I’ve had an ongoing fascination and curiosity around the human experience since an early age and was drawn to helping others. My friends often came to me for support when they were struggling with a problem.
Later, when it came time to choose a career, becoming a therapist seemed like a natural extension of who I was.
I love being a therapist. I am constantly amazed and inspired at the resilience of the human spirit. It is an incredible experience each day to bear witness to my clients’ struggles and be part of their healing.
Why Choose Me as Your Therapist
- I have over 25 years experience in human service work, 15 of those as a therapist. During this time, I have worked with individuals, couples, parents and children with a wide variety of problems. These have included stress, anxiety, depression, addictions, family violence, and relationship struggles.
I have also worked extensively with parents and children around issues of children’s development and behavioral problems.
- I am a compassionate therapist who is driven to provide the best service possible to my therapy clients. My style is warm, genuine and interactive. I focus on building a strong collaborative relationship with you where you will feel safe and understood.
- I use humor when appropriate to help you see new perspectives on your problems and to help provide relief when facing difficult challenges. Counselling is serious business, but it doesn’t have to be painful.
- I participate in clinical supervision sessions to help ensure that I am working at my best in helping my clients achieve their goals. I am committed to continuous improvement.
- I use research-backed methods of individual and couples therapy that are known to get positive results. These methods have helped individuals and couples all over the world overcome their problems and have better lives.
- I participate in trainings on the latest developments in counseling and therapy on an ongoing basis. This helps ensure that I provide counselling based on the most up to date theories and research.
- I am a certified in Emotionally Focused Couples Counselling by the International Center of Excellence in Emotion Focused Therapy (ICEEFT). This highly effective and research supported technique is one of the utilized techniques for couples therapy.
Professional Counsellor Credentials
- Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- Registered Social Worker (RSW)
- Certified Emotionally Focused (EFT) Therapist
- Member of International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)